Friday, December 07, 2007

Eat, Drink, & Be (wheat-free!) Vegan!

I love Dreena's Homestyle Chocolate Chip Cookies from Vive! so I knew that I had to try her version using amaranth flour in ED&BV for Thanksgiving so my sister would have something sweet when we were all indulging in pies.
The texture of the flour makes these the teensiest bit grainier, but I found that, once they sit in tupperwear over night? Matters not! They're entirely too tasty to notice!


I know I promised that I'd be back with all I feasted on for Thanksgiving, but it turns out I simply made things I've done before which, while still made for a looong day of cooking in the kitchen, provided me with tried and true recipes that everyone enjoyed. Not only that, but I seem to have lost the pics!!!

I dazzled the otherwise turkey-eating bunch with Native Food's Tempeh Pate and La Dolce Vegan's Easy French Bread with Millennium's Tofu Spread as appetizers, then Vegan'con's Chickpea Patties smothered in my own quick brown gravy and my beloved Superior Ceasar Salad as part of the meal. They made me my own pot of vegan green beans and there potatoes galore. Entirely too much food was enjoyed by all.

I've been cooking pretty easy things lately. While the pregnancy goes swimmingly (literally, it feels as though there's a little fish swimmin around in my belly!), I have suffered from frequent headaches and a ton of ligament pain which keeps me off my feet a lot of days I'd rather be in the kitchen. So, no new stuff to share so much...but I'll see if I can't whip up something blog worthy soon.


I'm in my 18th week now and have my second ultrasound this Tuesday. You know even if the new food is lacking I won't be able to help myself in posting pics of that amazing event! I hope to get some time to visit and comment on everyone else's blogs soon! Seems the holidays and this little one have kept me away from the computer.

Til then!!!!

11 comments:

Episcopollyanna said...

I hope you're feeling much better soon.

All the food looks YUMMY!

And just for the record, I love ultrasound pics. :)

Teresa said...

I knew I meant to pick up some amaranth flour when I was at the store today. Dang it! Oh well, I'll still get around to those cookies, especially with your seal of approval.

It looks like you sure did have an awesome Thanksgiving feast! My favorite is the tempeh pate- but then again I love everything tempeh.

I hope the ultra sound goes well! How exciting to know you've got a new addition to the family coming soon!

Anonymous said...

all looks very good! i cant wait to see the new ultrasound pictures :) i love them too.

Anonymous said...

Can't wait to see the ultrasound. Will you get to have the 3D kind? They are so cool!

Have you posted your Caesar recipe? I would love to have it.

Susan G

Liz said...

I found the same thing with those cookies using brown rice flour! They were 100% better the second day. They were so good that no one knew they were gluten free!

Lori- the Pleasantly Plump Vegan said...

i hope yr pain goes away!!!
the chickpea cutlets look perfect!

Sheree' said...

I am so glad all is going well with your new little life. Brandie, my daughter is starting her 12 week and is hoping morning sickness will soon be gone. Everything looks great, but your gravy looks grand. I am such a sucker for gravy especially gravy and biscuits. I would love to have the recipe.

aTxVegn said...

I remember all kinds of weird pains and being sore in odd places when I was pregnant. Before long it will be a blurred memory.

Since going gluten free I have really enjoyed trying out all the different flours to bake with. I love all the different textures.

Your chickpea patties sure turned out nice. I know everything you made for Thanksgiving was fabulous.

LizNoVeggieGirl said...

mmm, look at all the delectable food you've been cooking/baking!! yum!! ahh, I do hope that you feel better soon - good luck on your latest ultra-sound!!

Candi said...

Looks great! I love your food pics, but I'm excited for the ultrasound update too! What a fun time for you!

ChocolateCoveredVegan said...

Oh the cookies look so yummy! The pate too :o)