Thursday, January 17, 2008

Green-wa, oh yeah!

Not every day can one crack open a sleepy eye, the sound of the surf in their ears, and this in their line of vision without even lifting their head off the pillow, step into the shower and start their day with this magnificent view* But ya know what one can do? One can crack open a copy of the genius vegan cookbook Yellow Rose Recipes and create this magnificent dish in a flash and enjoy all the things that are good in the world (or at least the vegan diet!) in this yummy number, Green-wa!
(yeah, my camera died just as I was about to snap a pic....sure, I could wait to have another serving before posting, but why not highlight Joanna's beautiful shot from Yellow Rose Recipes?)

We all know what a powerhouse Quinoa is, but if you're like me, you often run out of interesting ways to serve it that truly tantalize your tastebuds. Look no further, this stuff is incredible, packed with the protein of quinoa and full of green goodness of spinach, peas, and cilantro! I added a touch more salt to mine and think that next time I may even take her suggestion and amp up the curry a little more and use coconut milk for the yogurt. Either way, treat yourself to some Green-wa, it's reeeeeeeeally good!


*Sure the little one's arrival is four and a half months away, but the Cap'n and I decided we'd take advantage of the amazing winter warmth we've been having in Florida and get away for what may be the last time before she joins our crew. We hit our favorite spot just south of St. Augustine Beach and (of course, since she was technically along for the ride on this trip, her name just HAD to be put in the sand before the tide came up to greet her!) spent three glorious days soaking up the coast we love so much. Happy to be home with our furry bunch I got back needing something inspiring in the kitchen for dinner that would make me miss a little less the sound of the surf in my ears while I puttered around the kitchen. This totally did the trick!



4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Considering the fact that my window shows me only snow, I am very jealous! You are in heaven. =)

I've heard so many good things about Yellow Rose Recipes, I need to get my hands on a copy!

Vegan_Noodle said...

Oh what a beautiful view!! Glad you had a chance to get away and spend a few days on the beach.

I have the Green-Wa bookmarked for sure. Just trying to get through all the leftovers in my fridge before I create more!

How cool will that be to show Taylor that photo when she gets older... hope the pregnancy is treating you well!!

Carolann said...

So beautiful! I'd love to head on over there! I keep hearing rave reviews about Yellow Rose, Amazon only has preowned books. Is it an older book or?

joanna said...

heehee! i'm glad that you liked the green-wa. taking a picture of the picture in the book is totally hilarious. love it.

carolann, the book is new but when you order it through amazon, they just forward the order to herbivore and take some money for themselves off the top while herbivore does all the work of filling the order and shipping it. so it's actually best if books are bought through herbivoreclothing.com.