Saturday, January 26, 2008

Broccoli Bisque

Ok, so the picture kinda sucks, but this creamy, hearty soup from Vegan Vittles is amazing! It comes together in a flash and is really delicious. The ingredients are super simple (saute onion, garlic, potato, then broccoli then blend in soy milk, seasoning, and almond butter). I added some nutritional yeast and continued to add more steamed broccoli pieces to this one as I enjoyed the leftovers.

This bowl of yum, easily, will become a cool-weather staple around here. I'm a sucker for creamy bisques and, with this one, you don't have to worry about it being fattening as it's the potato that lends the creaminess. It's full of green broccoli goodness and, next time, I think I'll even try adding some cauliflower or carrots....or both!

10 comments:

LizNoVeggieGirl said...

oooh, what a tantalizing-looking hearty soup!! your idea of using either cauliflower or carrots sounds delicious as well!!

Monika K said...

The Broccoli Bisque looks simple, good and healthy, but the blue cheeze sammich below looks downright dangerous (to my waistline, that is)!

Chris said...

Love the rage quote on your profile, oh, and the broccoli bique looks great. Curious to know if you'd be interested in being part of a testgroup to try 4 new PROBAR flavors. E-mail me at probarfeedback [at] Gmail [dot] com. Thanks

Anonymous said...

looks great....I want it with a blue cheeze sammie.

moi + toi PHOTOGRAPHIE said...

broccoli is one of my favorite veggies. always has been when i was a child. the soup looks so yummy !!

Jess said...

Joanne Stepaniak is really a genius at making creamy dishes without the fat! This soup looks delicious, especially for a cold winter night! Yum yum!

Vegan_Noodle said...

Oh yum! I have been trying to decide what to make from that cookbook and that sounds like a great start! Your add-in ideas sound perfect as well.

Anonymous said...

thanks for being so welcoming! that soup looks gooood. i feel like i'm always craving warm comfort food during the winter and it's not exactly helping my uhhh health levels. i'm definitely trying this.

Lori- the Pleasantly Plump Vegan said...

yum!

Judy said...

You know, I am surprised that soup came out of Vegan Vittles and tastes good - my luck with VV hasn't been so good. I'll have to try it this week.