Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Happy Halloween!!!!

Wow, I can't believe how long it's been since I've posted. Honestly, my daily visit to other blogs has also been slacking what with all the food issues I've had of late.

Even looking at pics of food has been suddenly stricken from the list of Things I Love To Do. Not only have certain foods been less than desireable, the actual act of preparing foods (usually, one of my MOST favorite things to do in the day) has become seriously tiresome.
when I have found the energy or desire to cook something I haven't been taking pictures of it, just glad I had something I was willing to choke down. well, there was this...VWaV Fritatta, anyone? I always opt for a sun dried tomato and zucchini version.

and roasted tamari pepitas,
those have been a great snack.

oh, and i'm glad I could virtually live on pan-seared oatmeal because as least it's good for me!

otherwise it's fruit, easy veggie patties, and shells 'n chreese with peas galore!

what could be the culprit? I'm sure you're wondering. Well, today, on my most favorite day of the year (i tell ya, i love this day more than giftmas!) we got to take a peek at just what's draining me of my typical time in the kitchen...or should I say who....
Yup, this is our 12 week ultrasound of the little goblin I've been growing. I've been bursting at the seams to say something here but wanted to wait til now to do so. While the nausea is a bit better than it was, I'm finding great comfort in comfort foods that I've made and blogged about numerous times before or convenience foods that go from freezer or box to my oven or stove then my plate.

so much for turning this blog into a whirlwind of amazing healthy vegan pregnancy meals for expectant moms! ;)
while I hope that my new copy of Veganomicon (which I've already tagged in a ton of places the recipes I just can't wait to try) will revamp my blog soon, I think I'll be blogging only when the energy (or appetite!) strikes me for a bit. Tho, with chompers like we're seeing on this kid.... there's bound to be a LOT more vegan fare for the blogging in our future! ;)

Until then, have a safe and happy Halloween!

29 comments:

Sam said...

CONGRATS!!! Isn't it amazing how something so small can make you feel so bad sometimes? I wish you the best with the pregnancy!!!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations!!! I am so happy for you. Your ultrasound pictures are adorable. I've never seen them so clear where you can see the tiny feet. Oh my. And those teeth! Who'd have thought?

Here's to a happy and healthy pregnancy.

Episcopollyanna said...

Congrats! I'm so excited for you and wish you all the best. :)

You're going to love Veganomicon (understatement of the decade) - we've made about 20 or so recipes out of it so far. AWESOME!

Congrats again!

Anonymous said...

Congrats! So happy for you!

Diz Rivera said...

OHMYGOSH - look at the lil pumpkin in there. Congratulations!

Unknown said...

congratulations! :D

Kelli said...

Congratulations! I suspected a little one was the culprit with your food issues. You have plenty of time to cook--enjoy this time!

VeganHeartDoc said...

Congratulations, how exciting!

Michelle said...

congrats! when is the due date?

Christine said...

yay! congrats and best wishes to you both. and man, those sure are some chompers, yikes! I hope the nausea subsides soon enough to enjoy holiday foods :)

I've ordered my Veganomicon, I can't wait! (and I'm just as bad about posting lately; no one wants to see what I'm scarfing in between school and work - there would just be lots of pics of falafels and salads!)

Anonymous said...

I suspected as much from your comments.....how wonderful! Congrats!!!! I have 3 and it is lots of fun!

(now you will definitely need frozen chococlate covered key lime pie)

Susan G

Michelle said...

might i suggest that May 12 is a lovely day to have a baby? my bday :) you know, if baby will cooperate!

Vegan_Noodle said...

On my goodness I am so so happy for you!! That is the best news. How cute is that little one in the sonogram? Can't wait to see what you're eating throughout the pregnancy.
Congratulations to you and your husband!!!!

bazu said...

congratulations! i love the teeth in that photo!

Jenni (aka Vegyogini) said...

Congratulations! I figured it out a while ago when you mentioned not having much of an appetite and I knew you'd fill us in when you were ready. Wishing you a very happy and healthy pregnancy!

Lisa said...

Oh, congratulations!! I don't comment a ton, but I do read your blog regularly. I wish you a very happy, healthy pregnancy. :)

Anonymous said...

Oh, how exciting! Congrats! I just discovered your blog a few days ago, and I can't wait to keep reading while things develop!

Anonymous said...

I will just add my voice to all of the congrats!! It is great to see you posting again, and I hope that you are starting to feel a little bit better!

Courtney

VeganLinda said...

Congratulations!! Enjoy every second. It is such a magical, wonderful time! I hope you are done with the "morning" sickness and you have a great pregnancy and birth.

Sarena Shasteen - The Non-Dairy Queen said...

I knew it! Congratulations! I kept waiting for you to say something. What a sweet picture. I am so happy for you!sa

aTxVegn said...

Yay!! Congratulations! Just eat whatever and whenever your body feels like it. I'm so excited for you!

evolution said...

Just a lurker here who usually doesn't comment but since we are in the 27th week of a near-vegan pregnancy I just wanted to say CONGRATULATIONS!

Kati said...

Congratulations! Good luck with everything! The food looks fabulous - I'm sure the baby is enjoying whatever you're making.

Don't Get Mad, Get Vegan! said...

thank you all so much for your well wishes. words truly cannot describe the excitement we're feeling (or anxiety....suddenly time moves ever so sloooowly! ;)

you guys are THE best. i am consistently amazed and in awe of the beautiful community of like-minded people i've found here. if only we could all be neighbors...just think of the pot-lucks!

Anonymous said...

I'm a terrible lurker (forgive me), but I just wanted to say congratulations, good luck and I hope you get your appetite and energy back soon. =DDD

Anonymous said...

in a past post, you where talking about not feeling so well and i was thinking :she must be pregnant!!

know i now is like i was thinking. im so happy for you and your family. really happy!!

scottishvegan said...

Congratulations! I am so happy for you! I was so hoping that was the reason for your food issues!

Bonnie said...

Congratulations, I am so happy for you. I truly wish you the best.


-Bonnie

vko said...

I love that ultrasound picture so much. Congratulations on your wonderful little gift! Really happy for you guys!!