Sunday, August 27, 2006

Last Night's Culinary Creation



I've wanted to start this blog for a while. I've been a vegetarian for over eight years, and have only recently (three months ago) decided that becoming Vegan was something that would truly make me happy AND healthier! So excited to begin, i posted this mornings brunch first, but really enjoyed my dinner last night so thought i would share.

Hmmm, haven't thought of a name yet, but basically it's an oven roasted Portabello Cap stuffed with VwaV's (whatever would a vegan do without Isa's amazing book?!) Basil 'Ricotta' and topped with shredded zucchini and summer squash (which were sauteed with a little olive oil, some garlic, a bit of fresh basil, and a splash or two of balsamic vinegar) all over Quinoa. This is quite possibly my new favorite meal. I'm totally in love with my
Saladaccio, and can't wait to spring the 'ricotta' on my Italian Mamma this weekend. She won't even believe the yumminess!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

They all look so good Bry! This is an awsome idea! My food never looks that good when I make it. You'll have to make me something when I make it over to your house one of these days. Love, Rachel

Anonymous said...

They all look so good Bry! My food never looks that good when I make it. This is such a great idea! You'll have to make me something someday when I finally make it over to your house.Love, Rachel