For the last few nights, and likely every night to follow, I have been enjoying the perfect ending to each day...thanks to the suggestion by my most wonderful husband.
You, too, can enjoy the fruits of the Cap'n's boundless wisdom. Here's how:
1. Take frosty pint glass from freezer.
2. Slowly pour almond milk* into glass, being careful to rotate glass so as to allow the milk to run down it's frosty surface to the bottom.
3. Set glass down and wait....just a min.
4. Slowly sip chilled liquid.
5. When getting toward the end of your beverage, sling that baby back and let the almond sludge glide down your glass and onto your palate.
6. make that satisfying '*gulp* aaaaahhhhhhh' sound while a chilly exhale escapes you and set down empty glass with total satisfaction and sheer delight.
7. repeat every night thereafter.
I'll tell him you said thanks. ;)
*we currently buy Almond Breeze's original (plain) almond milk. I haven't tried many, but it's my absolute favorite. I reeeeally want to start making it myself, tho. Especially after enjoying it this way. I can't imagine a homemade, fresh version wouldn't just be even better. It seems very straightforward and appears to be just a matter of soaking, blending, and straining. Anyone make their own and have any tips? I assuming the leftover pulp can also be used in all kinds of ways!