Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Same Ol' Same Old

I haven't done a lot of blogging lately because I haven't really tried anything new for a while. Lots of breakfasts like this
Kamut flakes, fresh peaches, fresh blueberries, and soy milk is a definite quick favorite of mine. I just love that fruit combination. And kamut flakes are my favorite cereal, easily.

For the mornings that I want some 'real food' I'd been craving the Rev. Spanish Omelet from VWaV. I halve the recipe and make it thinner with just two potatoes, half an onion and one box of silken firm tofu. The saffron in this one is just amazing...and, while i looooove the recommended roasted red pepper almond sauce on everything else, I much prefer to top my omelet with fresh cracked black pepper and half a fresh avocado. A side of millet toast and some fresh fruit and I'm rerrin' to go! (granted, not eating the ENTIRE omelet in one sitting takes all the willpower this vegan can muster. It's that damn good!

But you've seen this all before from the likes of me and, really, how many times can I wow you with a yummy fresh green salad?and you just know I'll top it with some homemade ginger dressing, no surprise there! ;) that's pretty much what I've had for lunch almost daily with a Tofurkey pita, and i never ever get tired of it.
The Cap'n and I celebrated our tenth wedding anniversary! this month (this is also the month of my one year anniversary of being totally vegan! yay for august, all good things!) but we celebrated pretty low-key. a day at the beach, just us, was beautiful and serene. we had a lot of fun. So much fun that the camera never even made it out of the bag. typical! and we came home to a simple meal (so simple i cannot ever remember what it is we ate!) and our favorite decadent easy dessert, semi-sweet chocolate dipped strawberries.Mmmmmmmmm.

So that's what I've been putting off sharing...more of the same, really. But fear not. A couple of duds, a couple of grand successes and a fantastic breakfast are all on their way!

Can't wait to drop by the rest of your blogs again soon. I just know I'll be incredibly inspired to shake things up in the kitchen after I do!

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

I had the exact same breakfast this morning! Blueberries and peaches go so well this morning.

Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary!

You may think your salads are boring, but they always look so great! All of the colors are so impressive, and they always look like something from a restaurant. My salads never look that good!

Courtney

Audio said...

Yum, yum and more yum! Love your blog & all those FAB pictures, I'm drooling already! My Vegan Blog

Candi said...

Happy Anniversary!! 10 years, huh? You have not aged!! (I remember those gorgeous wedding photos well!)

Your breakfast looks great, and the Tofurkey pita is a familiar sight! I could have that every day too... in fact, I usually do! :)

Lori- the Pleasantly Plump Vegan said...

Happy Anniversary to both!

I think yr food always looks beautiful and I never get tired of looking at yr pics! I especially love the salad and chocolate covered strawberries this time around.

MeloMeals said...

Happy anniversary! both of them!

I love the repeats.. but I know what you mean.. I hesitate to post the same photos over and over.... but on other blogs, I love it.. so I guess that is something to think about.

The strawberries look great.. and I love carrot/ginger dressing.

Anonymous said...

yum!!!!

Happy double aniversary!!!

aTxVegn said...

Happy anniversaries - both are terrific milestones!

I've felt "same ol" lately too. But summer is such a great time for simply enjoying all the frest fruits and veggies. I'd say you've been doing quite nicely!

Oh, I love kamut flakes too. And I finally found quinoa flakes, but I haven't even opened the box yet.

Judy said...

Congrats on the 10 years.

Why is it that everybody else's salads always look much better than my own? Your omelet looks super too.

Anonymous said...

Happy anniversaries!

Same ol same ol looks pretty darn good if you ask me. The picture of your camut flakes with blueberries and peaches had me drooling. It looks so good!

Vegan_Noodle said...

Well I'm wowed! Salads never seem to get boring to me.
That spanish omelet looks so tasty, I"ll have to give that one a try soon! Lately breakfast foods have really been appealing to me.
Happy anniversary!! Both wedding and vegan. Chocolate covered strawberries sounds like the perfect way to celebrate...

Carolann said...

Happy Anni! Breakfast always is fun to mess around with! I love all the pics you put up :)

laura k said...

Sorry I missed this post--happy anniversary! 10 years is a milestone! :)