Thursday, August 02, 2007

Ta Da! Tostadas!

Mexican Food has always been a favorite cuisine of mine. I always thought going vegan would mean no more for me. WRONG!I've since learned that ya don't need cheese or even cheeze to make amazingly tasty Mexican fare. Tonight I chose to throw together some quick tostadas. So easy!

Here I heated some Amy's Organic Refried Beans w/ chilies while warming my corn tostadas, dropped on a healthy dollop of Dreena's Creamy Cashew Avocado Cream (I freaking LOVE this stuff...'s just too bad you can't see my pretty star design I made after adding it!), added shredded butter lettuce, fresh tomato, a long and winding ribbon of Tofutti sour cream, poured on some freshly made salsa (last grocery shopping outing I spotted some of the most beautiful tomatillos and rushed home to make some), and added a tiny bit of fresh chopped cilantro.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

now im very hungry!! i absolutely love mexican food. those tostadas looks totally perfect!

Kate said...

Oh wow, so good!

Beth said...

Oh yummm... I love clicking on the pictures and getting full screen details of your cuisine... mouth watering I tell ya.

Sheree' said...

I have not tried Dreena's sauce, but from the sound of it I need to! What a yummy meal. You know I don't miss cheese at all. I love putting shredded carrot in all of our Mexican dishes.

bazu said...

we have mexican night at our house at least once a week. yum.

Diz Rivera said...

YUM!!

Anonymous said...

They look amazing!

Courtney

Lori- the Pleasantly Plump Vegan said...

yum! this is beautiful!!!
mexican food is my 2nd most favorite cuisine behind thai ... 2 cuisines that are very vegan friendly.

LizNoVeggieGirl said...

that avocado cream sounds delicious - what a gorgeous plate of food there!

Judy said...

Yummy. I think a lot of us bloggers are craving Mexican food lately...must be the heat.

laura k said...

I LOVE it!!! Must... make... now.