Thursday, June 07, 2007

Spaghetti Cakes!

hehe, bet that got your attention! ;)

Inspired by Susan's eggplant recipe on this post, I immediately thought of one of my favorite things, spaghetti squash, and just what I wanted to do with it!

I baked it in the usual manner (cut in half, deseed, pierce skin, and bake cut side down in a 375 oven for an hour). I then let it cool, used a fork to pull away the stringy flesh, then mixed with everything in her recipe save the eggplant. i did not use the food processor for this, just a fork is all ya need and a pressing of the garlic. Then, in the skillet they went with a bit of olive oil until crisp and golden on the outside, about 5-8 min per side on med heat.

I served these with a jarred organic tomato sauce (it was late) and some blanched broccoli.
I loved her eggplant florentine (and sadly lost the pics of that night on my camera) and now this, too, will become a regular at our house!

See, here it is again a few nights later with some homemade sauce (half an onion, four cloves of garlic, a can of no salt added tomatoes, a T of tom paste, garlic, onion, oregano, basil, sea salt, black pepper, and a bit of sugar, all simmered down then zapped with the hand blender), more broccoli and the leftover tempeh fauxsage filling that i use for 'shrooms turned into a patty and topped with some black beans.

3 comments:

Just call me Orangie said...

This is a really creative idea, and yes spagetthi cakes definately got my idea lol

Teresa said...

wow what a great idea! That sounds incredibly tasty and I would never have though about it. I'm going ot be trying this soon and very soon!

-Teresa

Kate said...

I really like that idea. The cakes look like they came out really good!