Wednesday, July 04, 2007

Tofu 'n Kale w/ Shiitake Miso Gravy

Ever since I posted about it, I've been thinking about making the Wheat-Free Shiitake Miso Gravy again. In celebration of my own personal indepence from wheat laden gravy, I decided today was a good day to whip some more up! I employed the Grit's tofu preparation (press and cube tofu, brown in oiled skillet, sprinkle with soy sauce, wheat-free even!, brown some more, remove. clean and re-oil skillet, up the heat, put tofu back in, sprinkle with more soy sauce, cook a few min, add nutritional yeast and shake while browning for a few seconds before serving).

This was served over a bed of brown rice and perfectly boiled kale, all smothered in my guilt and allergen-free gravy.

SUPER. YUM.

honestly, i've even had a heckuva time picking just one photo. every one is just a reminder of just how delicious and nutritious this meal is!

5 comments:

Kris said...

Wow, that meal looks incredible. Comforting yet summery with the pretty kale peeking out. Here's to gluten gravy independence!

laura k said...

SUPER. YUM. That says all that needs to be said!

Teresa said...

The tofu and greens look YUM! I've got to try that gravy. Can I just finely chop shiitake mushrooms instead of using powdered?

-Teresa

Don't Get Mad, Get Vegan! said...

maybepigscanfly- i don't see why not! i just have a crock of shiitake powder i made for bryanna's vegan oyster sauce. 'd love to hear what you think when tried that way. bet it's just as yummy. ;)

LizNoVeggieGirl said...

this looking amazing!! I LOVE kale - this looks like a great dish to incorporate it in!!